Student Volunteer Program
ICSE 2007 is an excellent opportunity for students to meet and talk with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of software engineering. Being a student volunteer is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world and to offset some of the costs of the conference. Student volunteers are critical in ensuring that the conference runs smoothly.
By becoming a student volunteer at ICSE 07 you receive the following benefits:
- A complementary registration to the main conference; if space is available student volunteers may also be able attend some workshops and tutorials,
- Hotel accommodation, you will be required to share a room and only the room cost and tax is provided, not other services such as room service or laundry,
- Tickets to meals and receptions organized by the conference, and
- If available, a copy of the conference proceedings.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Student volunteers must be enrolled in a Ph.D., Masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference.
- Students volunteers work for 20 hours during the week of the conference to help with the audio-visual equipment used by speakers, running microphones to audience members for questions, checking badges for entry to events, working at the registration desk, and, other assigned tasks. Some volunteers will also be needed the day before the conference starts to fill registration bags.
March 7, 2007
Notification of Acceptance
March 9, 2007
Conference Work Dates
May 20 - May 26, 2007
The application form to become a student volunteer can be found here.
As a student volunteer, if you require a letter to support your application for a visa, you must arrange for the following to be sent via email to the student volunteers chair.
- A letter of recommendation from your academic advisor. It must be emailed from an account in the university internet domain. For
example, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org are acceptable. But email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org are not.
- A copy of your CV
These documents must arrive by the student volunteer application deadline of March 7, 2007.
Letters will only state that you have been selected as a student volunteer for ICSE 2007.
If you have questions, you can contact the Student Volunteer Chair:
Eric Van Wyk
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Minnesota
4-192 EE/CSci Building
200 Union Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
+1 612 625 0329: Office
+1 612 625 0572: FAX